Home of the Cafe Cats

About Me

What is this blog About


Photobucket
Join the Catster community


I adopted a Virtual Squillion from the Cat Blogosphere Shelter

FloofandFurBadge


HousePantherBanner

Miss Peach Award

My Links


I'm annicat!

annicat

This is the 3D me.
Make your own,
and we both get Coinz!

Make a Meez
Glitter Makerhttp://sweetsixteensforkitties.blogspot.com/

My Friends



Thursday, January 25, 2007

Thursday Thirteen #5



Thirteen Toys/Games I Loved as a Kid





1. Sit & Spin – wheeeeeeeeeeeeee some things never change. LOL
2. Operation – there was definitely something missing in that man’s anatomy …just sayin’.
3. Simon – Drove my Mother crazy with that thing. ;-)
4. Shrinky Dinks – I wonder just what we inhaled when those things were baking?
5. Stretch Octopus - Like Stretch Armstrong, but a purple Octopus
6. Easy Bake Oven – I can’t believe that they turned it into a microwave and made it Pink!
7. Fashion Plates - Anyone else have these? The tops and bottoms interchanged and you put a piece of paper over them and rubbed a crayon over it to make different outfits.
8. Lite Brite – I love that this is still available for kids!
9. Barbie – I’ll admit it, Dammit!
10. Colorforms – TOO much fun!
11. Baby Alive – Man did that food stuff that you had to mix up STINK!
12. Strawberry Shortcake – and all of her smelly friends …
13. Books – I know that they aren’t toys or games, but it wouldn’t be a recap of my favorite things as a kid without books. I had a deep closet in my room and all of my clothes (obviously) were short, so my Mom set up a library in there. I had a lamp and pillows and all of my books lining the edges of the closet. I would sit in there for hours and read.



Links to other Thursday Thirteens!


Get the Thursday Thirteen code here!


The purpose of the meme is to get to know everyone who participates a little bit better every Thursday. Visiting fellow Thirteeners is encouraged! If you participate, leave the link to your Thirteen in others comments. It’s easy, and fun! Be sure to update your Thirteen with links that are left for you, as well! I will link to everyone who participates and leaves a link to their 13 things. Trackbacks, pings, comment links accepted!




Labels: , ,


Cafe Cats at 4:09 PM 7 comments

7 Comments:

I loved Fashion Plates! Those were the greatest!!!

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 1/25/2007 4:38 PM  

Oh I loved this list! I loved Strawberry Shortcake and friends, Sit and Spin, and many of the others! Shrinky Dinks were awesome too, and the mini bake ovens just aren't the same today as they use to be!

By Blogger My Busy Life, at 1/25/2007 5:25 PM  

Didn't you efurr play wif feather-butt mousies or jingle balls, or ...did you efurr have a scratching post? Hmmmm...we finks you missed out ;)

Oooooh - what 'bout a slinky? We likes slinkies!

By Blogger Susie, at 1/25/2007 8:44 PM  

I had 3 and 6!
My sister had most of the rest.
Great list.
Weeeeeeeeeeeee
Have a wonderful day!
Happy TT'ing!
*^_^
(=':'=)
(")_ (")Š
Raggedy

By Blogger Raggedy, at 1/26/2007 12:20 AM  

man, i'd love a closet like that!

By Blogger Shiloh Walker, at 1/26/2007 11:43 AM  

We didn't have a lot of money when I grew up so when I got the "real" toys it was the coolest thing ever. I LOVED Fashion Plates and Barbies - my barbie even had a beach van and an airplane (my mom had that freaking airplane on layaway for like six months, LOL. Do stores even do layaway anymore?)

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 1/26/2007 1:10 PM  

a lot of memories just came pouring back..i loved fashion plates...

By Blogger Unknown, at 1/26/2007 2:04 PM  

Post a Comment



Layout Design by Hajira Thanks to:Getty Images BlogspotBlogskins