Home of the Cafe Cats
What is this blog About
Join the Catster community
Thursday, January 25, 2007
1. Sit & Spin – wheeeeeeeeeeeeee some things never change. LOL
2. Operation – there was definitely something missing in that man’s anatomy …just sayin’.
3. Simon – Drove my Mother crazy with that thing. ;-)
4. Shrinky Dinks – I wonder just what we inhaled when those things were baking?
5. Stretch Octopus - Like Stretch Armstrong, but a purple Octopus
6. Easy Bake Oven – I can’t believe that they turned it into a microwave and made it Pink!
7. Fashion Plates - Anyone else have these? The tops and bottoms interchanged and you put a piece of paper over them and rubbed a crayon over it to make different outfits.
8. Lite Brite – I love that this is still available for kids!
9. Barbie – I’ll admit it, Dammit!
10. Colorforms – TOO much fun!
11. Baby Alive – Man did that food stuff that you had to mix up STINK!
12. Strawberry Shortcake – and all of her smelly friends …
13. Books – I know that they aren’t toys or games, but it wouldn’t be a recap of my favorite things as a kid without books. I had a deep closet in my room and all of my clothes (obviously) were short, so my Mom set up a library in there. I had a lamp and pillows and all of my books lining the edges of the closet. I would sit in there for hours and read.
Links to other Thursday Thirteens!
The purpose of the meme is to get to know everyone who participates a little bit better every Thursday. Visiting fellow Thirteeners is encouraged! If you participate, leave the link to your Thirteen in others comments. It’s easy, and fun! Be sure to update your Thirteen with links that are left for you, as well! I will link to everyone who participates and leaves a link to their 13 things. Trackbacks, pings, comment links accepted!
View More Thursday Thirteen Participants
I loved Fashion Plates! Those were the greatest!!!
Oh I loved this list! I loved Strawberry Shortcake and friends, Sit and Spin, and many of the others! Shrinky Dinks were awesome too, and the mini bake ovens just aren't the same today as they use to be!
Didn't you efurr play wif feather-butt mousies or jingle balls, or ...did you efurr have a scratching post? Hmmmm...we finks you missed out ;)
I had 3 and 6!
man, i'd love a closet like that!
We didn't have a lot of money when I grew up so when I got the "real" toys it was the coolest thing ever. I LOVED Fashion Plates and Barbies - my barbie even had a beach van and an airplane (my mom had that freaking airplane on layaway for like six months, LOL. Do stores even do layaway anymore?)
a lot of memories just came pouring back..i loved fashion plates...
|Layout Design by Hajira||Thanks to:Getty Images Blogspot Blogskins |