Home of the Cafe Cats

About Me

What is this blog About


Photobucket
Join the Catster community


I adopted a Virtual Squillion from the Cat Blogosphere Shelter

FloofandFurBadge


HousePantherBanner

Miss Peach Award

My Links


I'm annicat!

annicat

This is the 3D me.
Make your own,
and we both get Coinz!

Make a Meez
Glitter Makerhttp://sweetsixteensforkitties.blogspot.com/

My Friends



Thursday, March 29, 2007

Samanta Belle

I get home from my evening out and go to brush a crusty out of my 17 year old cat, Samantha's eye and a chunky of what I thought was her 3rd eyelid fell into my hand and she started bleeding ...a lot. I called my friend that I'd had dinner with to tell him that I'm home and freak out a bit and he talked me off the cliff and got me calmed down enough to call the vet to get the emergency vet info. I got her down to Toledo and the emergency vet clinic is packed. 2 dogs put down, one hit by a car and a line up waiting. They took her back without me so they could squeeze her in and I think it was the longest 40 minutes of my life. We're headed back to the ophthalmologist tomorrow to find out if they have to take the eye. Seems that she has a clot in the cornea. Not sure why that wasn't detected the last time that they saw her, but I'll be bringing it up. She's cone head kitty, and I've gotta get up with her about every hour to make sure she hasn't started bleeding again.

I'm usually good in a crisis, but when the blood just started pouring out of her eye I just froze. I won't get that image out of my head for a while ...

Labels: ,


Cafe Cats at 12:55 AM 1 comments

1 Comments:

oh the poor baby.

How is she Anni?

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 4/03/2007 1:15 PM  

Post a Comment



Layout Design by Hajira Thanks to:Getty Images BlogspotBlogskins