Home of the Cafe Cats

About Me

What is this blog About


Photobucket
Join the Catster community


I adopted a Virtual Squillion from the Cat Blogosphere Shelter

FloofandFurBadge


HousePantherBanner

Miss Peach Award

My Links


I'm annicat!

annicat

This is the 3D me.
Make your own,
and we both get Coinz!

Make a Meez
Glitter Makerhttp://sweetsixteensforkitties.blogspot.com/

My Friends



Tuesday, April 17, 2007

Samantha Kitty Update

Took Sammy in to have her stitches out today. I don't know if I forgot that she had to have all of that biopsied, or if I'd blocked it, or what ...but I wasn't really prepared when they came in and told me that the tissue that they'd biopsied came back with infiltrative sclerosing carcinoma.

otherwise known as Cancer.

Seems that the tumor had grown down behind the occipital bone and they couldn't get it all. It's into her lymph now, and there's a good chance that it will come back into the eye socket.

I turned down radiation treatments. She's 17 and it was going to be $4,000 ...but I had then go ahead and give her the first Chemotherapy treatment. It's a lot cheaper, and since it's intravenous it will kill any random cells that are floating around, not just the lymph and eye socket that the radiation would have targeted. she's also going to be on a drug called piroxicam which has been shown to attack cancer cells in cats.

We'll try this for a month and see what her pathology reports show when we go back in May. If she's the same or better we'll keep going this route. If she's not ...then we'll cross that bridge when we come to it.

Thanks again to everyone for your continued good thoughts, white light and prayers. We accept and appreciate them all.

Slurps & purrs, Anni & Sam

Labels: ,


Cafe Cats at 9:33 PM 3 comments

3 Comments:

oh no, we is so sorry to hear about Samantha's cancer. You will all be in our purrayers.

By Blogger The Meezers or Billy, at 4/24/2007 6:24 PM  

Hi! Thanks for visiting our blog. Come on over for pot pie when you get home! We're so sorry to read about Samantha's biopsy results. Bless her little heart. We'll be sending her healing purrs.

Luf, Us

By Blogger Forty Paws, at 4/24/2007 7:09 PM  

I am so sorry about Sammy. Losing our dear Golden last year to cancer I understand. There comes a point when you can't spend any more money but just need to let them enjoy what time they have left and make them comfortable. Lilly was about 13...in dog years that was pretty good and she hated all the vet visits. And she went blind...it was time to let her go. But it hurts.

What a beautiful kitty in the photo above!

I love coming here....I had to take a sip of coffee just looking at your banner. Best of luck with Sammy....again I am so sorry.

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 4/25/2007 8:51 AM  

Post a Comment



Layout Design by Hajira Thanks to:Getty Images BlogspotBlogskins