Home of the Cafe Cats

About Me

What is this blog About


Photobucket
Join the Catster community


I adopted a Virtual Squillion from the Cat Blogosphere Shelter

FloofandFurBadge


HousePantherBanner

Miss Peach Award

My Links


I'm annicat!

annicat

This is the 3D me.
Make your own,
and we both get Coinz!

Make a Meez
Glitter Makerhttp://sweetsixteensforkitties.blogspot.com/

My Friends



Monday, July 23, 2007

Samantha News


Been about a month since I gave an update about Samantha and a few folks have been asking about her. There’s a third node that has started to swell below her ear and the cancer is visibly growing back into the eye socket. I had a bit of a meltdown when I saw that, and then while reading email I felt something tugging on my foot and she was pouncing on the lace of my sandal, playing and batting at it, then did the “midnight dash” across the apartment with Bebe so they could slide on the hardwood floors. Not bad for a 17 year old kitty with cancer.

Needless to say, she’s a lot more energetic since we stopped the chemo and LOVES the nipnubs that I got for her from the art fair. She’s eating more too, so I think that the nausea has finally passed from the drugs. I’m still giving her the appetite stimulant since she is still kinda thin, and she takes it like a trooper. Not terribly happy about it, but she suffers me my indulgences. ;-)

Thank you all again for all of the good thoughts, healing light, purrs and purrayers!! Please keep ‘em coming.





Labels:


Cafe Cats at 12:13 PM 9 comments

9 Comments:

Hi AnniCat, I saw your post on our blog today and wanted to stop by and say hi! I didn't know your Samantha has cancer - I am so very sorry! It makes Bounce's troubles sound very insignificant. Sending purrs and hugs to you, Samantha and Bebe.

Bounce, Lucy and Trixie's Mom

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 7/23/2007 2:25 PM  

I'm glad that Samantha seems to be over the nausea from the chemo and is acting more like her old self. I am very sorry that the cancer is spreading, though. At least she should get more enjoyment out of the time she has left. I'll keep on hoping and praying for her. The word "hug" appears in my word verification, so I'll pass it along to you. {{{HUG}}}

By Blogger Karen Jo, at 7/23/2007 2:36 PM  

Bless her little heart, all those good years she has put in. I'll be thinking about you guys.

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 7/23/2007 2:44 PM  

Good to hear she is still bouncin' and playin' like a young kitty! I too have been checking back and will continue to purray for her. Stay strong Samantha!

By Blogger Emma's Kat, at 7/23/2007 3:58 PM  

I am sorry that Samantha's cancer is growing, but I am so glad that she is more energetic and she still plays. Purrs to Samantha from Pixie and me!

By Blogger Daisy, at 7/23/2007 4:21 PM  

Purrrrrrsss and purrrayers for Samantha. So sorry the cancer is growing, she seems to be taking it like a trooper and playing and enjoying herself!!
Your FL furiends,
Samantha & Tigger

By Blogger Samantha & Mom, at 7/23/2007 6:27 PM  

Sorry to hear that Samantha's cancer is growing, but glad to hear she seems to otherwise be doing well after stopping chemo. I will continue to keep her in my prayers.

By Blogger Dragonheart, Merlin, Devi, and Chloe, at 7/24/2007 9:50 AM  

That's wonderful, I mean that she is playing and eating fine. That the cancer came back is sad, but I think it's better she enjoys her life without any treatment as long as it goes. Otherwise she would suffer maybe for nothing. I think you did the right thing.
Could you put the little logo of cats on tuesday above your blog next time ? thanks !

By Blogger Gattina, at 7/24/2007 10:00 AM  

Thank you for stopping by our blog and wishing our Dorfie well. This is her 3rd time, but now they will all be out and he won't have anymore teeth pain.

We just read about your dear Samantha. Bless her heart. That's great that she did the midnight dash with Bebe. We have a 17-year-old who takes steroids daily for IBS, and he doesn't mad dash anywhere!! So sorry to hear that Samantha's cancer is showing up again though. We're sending pawsitive thoughts and purrs and headbutts.

Luf, Us & Maw

By Blogger Forty Paws, at 7/24/2007 10:52 AM  

Post a Comment



Layout Design by Hajira Thanks to:Getty Images BlogspotBlogskins