Home of the Cafe Cats

About Me

What is this blog About


Photobucket
Join the Catster community


I adopted a Virtual Squillion from the Cat Blogosphere Shelter

FloofandFurBadge


HousePantherBanner

Miss Peach Award

My Links


I'm annicat!

annicat

This is the 3D me.
Make your own,
and we both get Coinz!

Make a Meez
Glitter Makerhttp://sweetsixteensforkitties.blogspot.com/

My Friends



Tuesday, August 07, 2007

Spooky, Spot, KC & Tut Update! - Cats on Tuesday


Update from John, Spooky and gang's FoodMan!!


Spooky is doing ok, but still not eating. The tests were inconclusive but point to it just being the liver (as opposed to cancer) so they'll need to do an ultrasound and drug therapy and a possible stomach tube to get him eating again. No mention of lipidosis and she's still pretty much leaning to the positive side. He's a young and usually healthy cat. The doc is going to call me back to see how soon they'll be able to do the tube. They have to wait for the anesthesiologist to come in before they can do any more. He may end up there for the whole week, though. Hopefully I'll hear something in the next half hour or so.

As for Spot...she is doing GREAT!! she's DEMANDING food now and is putting on weight fast...she still looks like shit because she's old and has no desire to clean herself, but we'll give her a bath soon when the hole in her face closes up. KC is back to waiting for the bugs to crawl in under the kitchen sink, which explains why she got so fat!!!...lol. She just had the standard tests, and shots that come along with an initial visit and spay so it's nothing special for her. They did the lateral incision on her left side but the scar is only about 1/2 inch and there are no stitches to remove. She got the cone off yesterday and is very happy and back to herself now. Tut is a freak...period.


Labels: ,


Cafe Cats at 12:06 PM 11 comments

11 Comments:

Poor Spooky, I hope she feels better soon and they can get to the root of her problem. Good to hear that Spot is much better. If my cats are recovering from illness and don't feel like cleaning themselves, I'll get a flannel, wet it with hot water then wring it out and give the cat a daily once over, all over, this seems to help them feel fresher and be a bit more amenable to start cleaning themselves again. It's also less traumatic than a full on bath (for humans and the puss!) Spot's face is probably still sore so she is probably a bit leery about cleaning. Best wishes to all xx

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 8/07/2007 12:41 PM  

Poor Spooky. :( I will keep him in my prayers and send lots of healing purrs his way. I'm glad to hear that Spot is doing well. :)

By Blogger Dragonheart, Merlin, Devi, and Chloe, at 8/07/2007 1:55 PM  

Hooray for Spot!

I hope Spooky gets better soon. I am going to purr and purr for him.

By Blogger Daisy, at 8/07/2007 2:06 PM  

Oh that's sad I hope he will be better soon. We had to go with cat Pepsi to the vet today her teeth are so bad that they had to been pulled out. But now she is already better.I enjoy my holidays very much, there are a lot of seagulls, the sea is blue and the little english coast towns just lovely. I still find time to fight with the english keyboard !

By Blogger Gattina, at 8/07/2007 2:12 PM  

I hope Spooky gets to feeling better very soon. Hooray for Spot! I am so glad that she is so much better.

By Blogger Karen Jo, at 8/07/2007 2:40 PM  

Prayers go out for Spooky's return to good health. Mahalo for the update, and Happy COT!

By Blogger kuanyin333, at 8/07/2007 3:01 PM  

I do hope Spooky is better soon.

By Blogger Celeste, at 8/07/2007 4:02 PM  

Wishing for full good health for your kitties, especially Spooky!

By Blogger Suzanne R, at 8/07/2007 5:32 PM  

Just had a discussion with the Vet. Apparently that although there no lipidosis in the liver, they found during the ultrasound that Spooky has a mass on his pancreas, which is causing a blockage to his gallbladder. She explained that the exploratory procedure for this is very invasive, and the survival rate just from the surgery is not very positive, nor is the prognosis even so afterwards. We have to now make a very tough decision in Spooky's best interest as well as our own. I wish that I had better news. Thanks to all of you for your well wishes and purrrayers.

John

By Blogger Unknown, at 8/07/2007 5:53 PM  

My goodness! You've got lots of babies needing love & cuddles! You will all be in my prayers. D :)

By Blogger FelineFrisky, at 8/07/2007 7:13 PM  

Poor Spooky! I hope he will get better soon!

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 8/08/2007 2:18 AM  

Post a Comment



Layout Design by Hajira Thanks to:Getty Images BlogspotBlogskins