Home of the Cafe Cats

About Me

What is this blog About


Photobucket
Join the Catster community


I adopted a Virtual Squillion from the Cat Blogosphere Shelter

FloofandFurBadge


HousePantherBanner

Miss Peach Award

My Links


I'm annicat!

annicat

This is the 3D me.
Make your own,
and we both get Coinz!

Make a Meez
Glitter Makerhttp://sweetsixteensforkitties.blogspot.com/

My Friends



Sunday, September 09, 2007

Samantha


I've been wanting to post since Thursday but haven't had the heart.

Samantha had been hiding under the bed and Tuesday when I actually had to move the bed to get her out to come and have breakfast I knew that it was time to make her last V-E-T appointment. I called Dr. O'Keefe's office to see if they had a donation program, and they did, so I made the appointment for Thursday morning at 8:30 am.

Of course, Wednesday night Samantha was a little alert and waiting at the door for me, but still not at all herself. We cuddled most of the night. She slept with me and didn't get back under the bed. We had a good talk.

My friend Sue drove us, which was amazing since Resk had to work. Dr. O'Keefe took one look at how much the tumor had grown and said that I'd done the right thing. That it was time and it was good to have her go before she started having any pain.

They made a cast of her paw with her name for me, and were wonderful about asking what our wishes were and how we wanted the procedure to be done.


I miss her like crazy. She was an amazing friend, and we lived through so much together. 17 years is a long time. Lots of live lived in those years, for both of us. It helps to know that she never had pain, that it never got to her brain, and that she was still the sweetest cat ever right up to the end. Knowing that she'll be able to help teach others helps too. I think that was the right choice, and I think she' d be happy with that.

Again, thanks to all for your thoughts and purrrrs while Samantha was sick. They helped both of us more than I'll ever be able to express.

Labels:


Cafe Cats at 3:14 PM 21 comments

21 Comments:

Oh Anni we's so sorry. Samantha was furry brave to fight so long. At the Bridge, at least she's not in no pain. We's furry sorry for your sadness, though. We'll send you and Bebe lotsa purrs.
Purrrrrrrrs,
Sanjee, Boni Maroni, Mini, Gree and Pepi

By Blogger Hot(M)BC, at 9/09/2007 4:54 PM  

I am so sorry for your loss. Samantha was very beautiful, and very brave. Pixie and I are sending comforting purrs. When it is finally my time to go to the Bridge, I will look for Samantha.

By Blogger Daisy, at 9/09/2007 5:24 PM  

i am sorry to hear about samantha's journey...i know it is terribly sad for you but have faith that samantha is now pain free. tumours are horrible things, i hate them. try to think of all the loely memories you have of her...lots of purrs and headbutts for you xxxxx

By Blogger The Furry Fighter, at 9/09/2007 5:28 PM  

We are so sorry to hear about Samantha goin' to the Bridge. She was a beautiful, brave girl who was well-loved. We're sendin' purrs for you.

By Blogger Smeagol and Strider, Mystery (Sunnin' at the Bridge) and Gizmo too!, at 9/09/2007 5:32 PM  

So very sorry to hear about Samantha, but glad she didn't suffer. She's looking down on all of us now from the Bridge.

By Blogger KC and the Giggleman Kitties, at 9/09/2007 5:50 PM  

oh, blessings on you, dear! what a hard choice you made! it is good that you were strong for her when she was weak; that is true love. we are glad she felt no suffering, and we are furry sorry for your loss. we will purr and purrray for you both.

By Blogger Meowers from Missouri, at 9/09/2007 6:05 PM  

We're so sorry. Samantha knew how much you loved her and she knew it was time.

By Blogger Victor Tabbycat, at 9/09/2007 6:14 PM  

Goodbye Samantha, say hello to our friends that came before...It's hard for those of us left behind.

By Blogger Zippy, Sadie, Speedy and M'Gee, at 9/09/2007 6:37 PM  

We are sorry, too. Samantha was very brave and it was nice to know she didn't have any pain and knew you to the last! We didn't know her long, but since we have the same name :tears: she was special to me! Tigger, I and Mom will purr and purrayer for you and Bebe during this time. ((((((((HUGS))))))!!!

By Blogger Samantha & Mom, at 9/09/2007 6:53 PM  

OH we are SO sorry for your huge loss.
It is the hardest thing in the world to do. How well we know.
There are no words to take the pain away, but knowing that others totally relate and are with you in heart and empathy can lessen it a wee bit.
We are with you in heart tonight.
Two of us have been with Mosaic Lady for 15+ years, so we know what you mean when you say "we lived through so much together!"
The compassionate choice is always the right choice.

By Blogger Mosaic Cats, at 9/09/2007 7:12 PM  

We are sorry to hear Samantha went to the Bridge. She sounded like a really great pal. That cast really nice.

By Blogger Millie, at 9/09/2007 7:57 PM  

We are so sorry for your loss. Momma had to take a cat in before and knows how hard and how right it can be

By Blogger Karen, at 9/09/2007 8:05 PM  

I"m so so sorry for your loss. The cast is a good idea. You're in our thoughts. ((hugs)) Take Care

By Blogger Mr. Hendrix, at 9/09/2007 9:10 PM  

We are sorry for your loss, and sorry that we didn't get to meet Samantha before. But she and our angel kitty big sis Missy will get to meet and play on the Bridge.

We are purrrrrrrrrrring and thinking of you.

~Donny and Marie

By Blogger Donny and Marie and Casey, at 9/10/2007 12:02 AM  

I'm so sorry to hear about your loss. It is always very hard. The cast is a lovely idea.
Tara, Kavan and Mom

By Blogger Tara, at 9/10/2007 2:03 AM  

We are so sorry that Samantha has crossed to the Bridge. Please accept our deepest sympathies.

By Blogger Parker, at 9/10/2007 5:49 AM  

I'm so sorry to hear that Samantha went to the Bridge. You have my deepest condolences on your loss. The cast of her paw with her name is a wonderful keepsake. Know that Samantha will always be in your heart.

By Blogger Dragonheart, Merlin, Devi, and Chloe, at 9/10/2007 1:43 PM  

I am so sorry to learn of Samantha's passing. I didn't know her for long, but I do know how much you loved her. That paw cast is a great keepsake. You have my deepest sympathy.

By Blogger Karen Jo, at 9/10/2007 2:43 PM  

We're so sorry to hear about Samantha. We're sending purrs to you and Bebe.

We've added Samantha to the list of kitties who have gone on to the Bridge. You can find her name here:
http://jackofallshadesandshadows.blogspot.com/2007/06/farewell-friends-friday.html

By Blogger Jack, Persephone, Tenzing and Lancelot, at 9/10/2007 5:06 PM  

{{{{hugs}}}}}
The cast of Samantha's paw is one of the loveliest things I have seen done.
I am crying with you and my prayers are with you.

By Blogger Andree, at 9/12/2007 7:08 PM  

I am so sorry to read these bad news only today. I have been away on holidays in Italy and internet connection was very bad. 17 years happy together is wonderful. Of course the void she leaves is awful for you. I know very well what it is. I lost my Max 2 years ago he was 19 and it took me exactly that time to be able to talk or write about him.
This gesture to make a pawprint is just wonderful. I wished they did it here too !

By Blogger Gattina, at 9/26/2007 11:45 AM  

Post a Comment



Layout Design by Hajira Thanks to:Getty Images BlogspotBlogskins