Home of the Cafe Cats

About Me

What is this blog About


Photobucket
Join the Catster community


I adopted a Virtual Squillion from the Cat Blogosphere Shelter

FloofandFurBadge


HousePantherBanner

Miss Peach Award

My Links


I'm annicat!

annicat

This is the 3D me.
Make your own,
and we both get Coinz!

Make a Meez
Glitter Makerhttp://sweetsixteensforkitties.blogspot.com/

My Friends



Wednesday, June 18, 2008

Sara UNLEASHED!

I adopted Sara from James 5 months ago. She's an 18 year old Tuxie that he had to find a home for because his allergies had become unbearable. He told me at the time that she enjoyed going outside, but she hadn't shown a lot of interest in being much of anywhere but on the couch until a couple of weeks ago. I tried to get her outside once on her harness, but she really just wanted to go back inside.

This morning while Randy and I were having our morning coffee on the patio, she came to the patio door and started sniffing around. It occurred to me that she's not terribly fast at 18 years old and a bit on the chubby side, so why not just open the patio door and see what happened? Sara had quite the adventure!




Bebe was none too pleased with not being able to join her!



I think that if I'm out there by myself I will still put the harness on her, as she really wanted to explore the steps, but if she's willing to come out on her own I'm all for it! Prolly the most exercise she's had since she moved in!

Labels:


Cafe Cats at 12:40 PM 4 comments

4 Comments:

It's very nice to meet you Sara and so nice to see you back Annicat!! We put Sara into our Blogroll for the TGH! Welcome!
Samantha & The Tuxedo Gang

By Blogger Tuxedo Gang, at 6/19/2008 7:29 AM  

Hey Sara, what a lovely new home you have, the perfect home for your retirement. You sure are a beautiful lady cat. I can't believe you are 18!

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 10/07/2008 2:21 PM  

On Sara's behalf, we wanna say fank you fur takin her in, efun tho she's older. You's been furry kind an it sounds like yur furry patient wif her. I wish more beans could preciate older kitties. Big purrs fur you. Oh, Nina sends licks, too.

By Blogger Victor Tabbycat, at 10/08/2008 6:13 PM  

Wow, Sara, that is great. A lot of "old" cats just get disposed into a shelter. I'm happy for you. And you got such a nice floofy friend! Hi Bebe!
Siena

By Blogger Cat with a Garden, at 11/06/2008 3:14 PM  

Post a Comment



Layout Design by Hajira Thanks to:Getty Images BlogspotBlogskins